- These are metal fittings used for joining two lengths of hose together or a hose to an apparatus or vice versa.
- These are fitted to either end of the hose lengths used for suction or delivery purposes.
- All couplings are always a pair of two pieces.
- One is called the “male” and the other a “female”.
- Instantaneous couplings are now standard in India for delivery hose and pump outlets whereas “threaded couplings are used on suction hose and pump inlets.
- Instantaneous couplings are provided with the spring loaded lugs with the help of which the hoses can be snapped on and off in an instant.
- These are provided with the swiveling action for running the coils.
1) THREADED :
- the coupling is provided with threads to lock male couling to female coupling .
2) INTERLOCKING :
- the coupling is provided spring lock in female coupling.
- just push the male coupling in to the female coupling it will automatically locked by spring loaded locks.
3) MALE – FEMALE COUPLING :
- Serrated Tail